As today it represents, in the European and Mediterranean scenario, the best commercial hub that adapts to the needs of Italian SMEs. Crossroads between Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. Malta, which in 2008 became part of the Economic and Monetary Union (EMU), has acquired an important role as a bridge between the Single European Market and the markets of the countries of the Mediterranean basin.
Quali sono i vantaggi che si possono trarre dall’aprire un’attivita’ a Malta?
The key factors to consider at the base of your choices can be summarized as follows:
- Malta ranked among the top three global financial centers;
- government stability;
- strategic geographical location;
- rating of A / A1;
- growing development of manufacturing industry and services;
- low crime rate;
- high percentage of import and export of hi-tech products;
- there are no import licenses for products coming from EU countries;
- high interest of the multinationals for the market;
no import limitation is foreseen;
- the island has a FREE PORT;
- positive trend of FDI, both inbound and outbound;
- activity in the real estate sector can be exercised by anyone without the need to be registered in a professional register;
- very low tax and total deductibility of costs;
Maltese legislation takes into consideration four types of relief from double taxation of income produced abroad;
- Maltese law offers the possibility to companies registered or established outside the Maltese territory to conduct business within or through Malta, after setting up a branch in the country.