The International Trade Promotion Incentive Scheme (ITPIS) aims to support Maltese companies that want to internationalize their business, or that are already exporting and want to promote a product or service in a new market. An eligible company can receive support to facilitate its participation in international business-to-business (B2B) events and fairs. These events are intended to support the international business development function of the eligible enterprise in the international marketplace.
- A B2B international trade event or fair, organised by a third party, shall be considered as an eligible event where the applicant is present as an exhibitor with a managed promotional stand, promoting the undertaking’s products and services to other economic operators.
- The eligibility is applicable to the participation of the undertaking at both real-life and virtual/online B2B international trade events or fairs.
This incentive is open to undertakings whose purpose is to intensify their internationalisation activities with the aim of increasing their export activity. The different actions that can be supported are defined in the separate in Section 6 of these guidelines.
The beneficiary must be an undertaking registered as one of the following:
a. An undertaking incorporated under the Companies Act Chapter 386 of the Laws of Malta being
a partnership en nom collectif, en commandite or a limited liability company
b. Self-employed persons registered with Jobsplus
c. Co-operatives with the Co-operatives Board
d. The following table lists the indicative eligible economic sectors and activities and their respective NACE code:
Reimbursement shall be awarded on the following costs:
– Rental of exhibition space and/or stand paid directly or indirectly to the event organiser
– Stand design including design and printing of backdrops, posters, banners and pop-up banners that are an integral part of the stand
– Design of other marketing collateral such as presentations (for online events only)
– Promotional material which is branded for the event
– Subcontracted stand construction services
– Rental of display aids
– Freight expenses incurred for shipping materials and exhibits required to setup and run the exhibition space and/or stand
– Interpretation services specifically procured by the undertaking during the trade event or fair
– WIFI connection paid by the undertaking at the event
– Registration charges
– Administration charges related to the setting up of the stand
– Travel and Per Diem costs covering one representative (employee or director) of the undertaking required to manage the exhibition space and / or stand. The maximum applicable Per Diem shall be limited to the duration of the event. In the eventuality where the undertaking arrives after the event has commenced and / or leaves before the event ends, the per diem will be calculated on the number of days that the undertaking is present at the fair
– Travel and Per Diem costs covering a second representative (employee or director) of the undertaking required to manage the exhibition space and / or stand when the exhibition footprint exceeds twenty-five (25) square meters.
To find out more details and submit your application request a specific consultation from the Malta Business Agency team by filling in the following form.